Nukemm33

Two spirit animals?

First, let me apologize if this is a repeat. I searched the forums a bit and did not see a duplicate.

I listened to a meditation for finding spirit animals. I have long been connected to wolves. I think that their nature and mine are very similar. I have always thought of my spirit animal as being a wolf. When I did the meditation, I found myself seeing two animals. One was the wolf, and the other the buffalo. I was actually fairly surprised by the buffalo because I have never felt connected to this animal really. I am just confused why I was seeing two animals.

Was I not relaxed enough?

Was I trying to hard?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome as I am new to this journey.

Hi Nukemm -

The Makers don't work with spirit / power animals per se. We see that kind of imagery as metaphorical, and our intent is to move behind metaphor to the energy behind everything. Aside from that, I would say we view all things as valuable, each having its own lessons.

Animals are not concerned with humans necessarily unless they see us as a threat, a companion (in the instance of domestication), or food. To assume a bear, for instance, would wish to bestow its wisdom on a human is doing the bear a disservice. The bear has its own energy and intent.

All that having been said, it can be of great value to study any and all other beings, and in that way learn a lot more about how the universe works.

We have no issue with someone wanting to identify with, or use, an animal as a symbol, however. It's just that we don't seek them as spirit / power animals.

Enjoy your journey!

Beth

I see. Thank you very much for this input. Because I am new and I've seen so many things about power animals or spirit animals I thought that this was the first step into the journey (finding your spirit/power animal). As a matter of fact I have seen many discussions on this topic and guided meditations for this specific purpose so I just thought it was a stepping stone to this journey.

I guess I have a lot of things to figure out. I will try and look for some books or articles on this forum or website that might help me.

Thank you!

You're welcome, Nukemm. Please do search as much as you'd like. Perhaps something about the Makers will appeal to you. There's a great deal of information here.

Beth

First, let me apologize if this is a repeat. I searched the forums a bit and did not see a duplicate.

I listened to a meditation for finding spirit animals. I have long been connected to wolves. I think that their nature and mine are very similar. I have always thought of my spirit animal as being a wolf. When I did the meditation, I found myself seeing two animals. One was the wolf, and the other the buffalo. I was actually fairly surprised by the buffalo because I have never felt connected to this animal really. I am just confused why I was seeing two animals.

Was I not relaxed enough?

Was I trying to hard?

Any comments or suggestions are welcome as I am new to this journey.

I'd suggest exploring things more, see why those are popping up. Sometimes, we get distracted by the "what" when the "why" is more important (though also more difficult to figure out). Also, the unexpected can happen for a reason - it can be very valuable to jolt us out out of our expected results in something and force us to reevaluate our premises.

-karl

Hi Nukemm,

I think the maker approach to look at energy directly helps avoid common problems. By looking for the direct energy we take away the ability of the mind to misdirect us somewhere else. For example when I dream or see things and it is visually crowded with people, animals or even places I shift away from what I "see" and connect more with the emotions present so that's one layer down, then things change often the imagery disappears and I start to understand better. When your emotional body is speaking you can see where inside you it strikes (what emotion) and heal it if need be. You can also learn how to detach emotionally from it until that layer drops down and then you will see just energy moving, intent, will. The trick as usual is that you have to allow change for it to occur and the change is internal, to experience the universe as moving energy you have to learn to experience yourself as moving energy. So my take on it and this is just my opinion and not a judgment on my part, I am dealing with the same thing everyday, is that how we see reflects how we see ourselves. If you experience yourself as bone and flesh then stuff will be bony and fleshy out there. If you think you are all rainbow and light then bring some sunglasses... those in the end are just attempt from the mind to create a box. So the Makers in the end decided that the truth is much more useful and we constantly strip things to just experience the energy behind everything.

Welcome to the cave.

C

Hello all. Just came across this site a couple nights ago and read until I could read no more. Thank you, Makers, for the succinct information! It is all very familiar, having read countless texts in my journey so far, but this really seems to bring all the important bits into one coherent space without the trappings of new age "love and light".

I wanted to add my own queries to this thread, as I am having my own experiences with the animal realms. I have always been drawn to acting as an animal, spending many hours as a young child developing whole lives as a dog or a wolf, pretending to embody polar bears, etc. Wolves are significant dreaming companions, and my 12 year old niece has also told me tales of her dream journeys with wolves (I'm thinking it runs in the family).

It sounds like the Makers don't rely much on the relation of animals and man, but I feel incredibly drawn to the Wild, to those non-human animals and their own private understandings.

I am wondering if it is unusual, or what it might signify, to feel as though one is something other than human? When my energy is focused upon my spiritual/energetic interests, I feel very much like a canid. I will often have inner visualizations of areas of forest, and I will feel as though my body is a canine's. At times, I resonate with stories of coyote as the lone trickster, at others I resonate with the familial values of the wolf. Is there any way to channel this in a more defined way? Is there any merit to exploring it? Even going beyond that, is there any way to verify one's energetic origins? Sometimes I feel that I am some alien being taking up residence as a human.

As an added disclosure for the context in which my curiosity arises, I am a transsexual person, and very inspired by the idea of being able to "shape-shift".

Thanks!

Hello Coywolf and welcome.

I'm glad the material on the site speaks to you, it seems to either connect with people strongly or not. One of the first steps in shapeshifting is to move your awareness into the animal of choice, it sounds like you do this naturally. The why you are drawn to move into them and understand them is another matter and something that would be good to explore. There are techniques to understand why you have that strong connection as well as to verify one's energetic origins but it's not something that can be described in a forum post unfortunately. I think there is definite merit to exploring your connection with wolves because by understanding the how and why you will then know what you can do with it. One thing you can do right now is use the recapitulation technique http://www.shamanscave.com/self-healing/the-recapitulation to explore that connection. You can recap your memories and feelings around wolves, etc. and see what it reveals about your emotional connection to wolves in your past.

Sorry i can't be more helpful but some of what you're asking about is quite advanced techniques.

Lorrie

I was wondering as well if one can have two spirit animals. One says mine is a Seahorse. spirit animal for Pisces and another says Wolf, spirit animal for my date of birth. Both describe me. I would really like to find out what my true spirit animal is, but I’m not sure how to do that. 

Posted (edited)

@Piscean_Gal Hey I have the same spirit animals. I never looked into the seahorse but the wolf describes me (always loved wolves) and just found out that it was the spirit animal for my birthdate.

As for finding out, maybe while meditating and/or falling asleep, try calling the universe, higher self, or the spirit animal itself to appear in your dreams. That's at least one way I've read. I've also read that your spirit animal is fluid and ever changing so who knows.

Edited by Cyberpunk_Shaman