NEXT CLASS SESSION STARTS
Week of December 12th, 2021
CURRENT CLASSES OPEN FOR REGISTRATION:
- Recapitulation I Self-Healing - Recover energy from your past
( 8 weeks) -Online course - Course fee: $75
Starts Saturday, December 18th, 2021 at 10:00 PM ET (US)
- Shamanic Tools I Maker Tools creation and use
- Shamanic Tools looks into using the physical world for purposes of shamanic work through various objects and tools. The class will explore the use of various tools and methods in different aspects of shamanism. While using tools is not a necessity in the practice of contemporary shamanism, many people find them beneficial as an aid to movement of both their awareness and perception. We will discuss how to use various tools and the process underlying the energy of both the tool and the agreement reached with the user. ( 7 weeks) -Online course- Course fee: $65
- Starts week of December 12th, 2021
- Check back for more classes to be listed soon!
- Cave Painting - The Beat of the Heart - NEW CLASS in 2022!
( 7weeks) -Online course - Course fee: $75
Starts early 2022 (February or March)
- This class is about connecting to the shamanic through the visual arts. More info to come soon.
We offer over 50 classes arranged into five tiers of difficulty from beginner to master level. Please follow the link below to see our complete listing of classes offered with descriptons. *Note: Classes other than beginner level have prerequisites.
About our classes:
- All classes are held online and are 'live.'
- Classes are attended through private online chat sessions that can be accessed with any web browser or chat client.
- Access to the student forum for the class will be given prior to the class start date.
- Classes are approximately 90 minutes long where material is presented by faculty. Students are encouraged to participate in the discussion and ask questions.
- Typically, an 'exercise' is given each week for students to work on during the week and then discuss their results in the next class
For continuing students - advanced classes are listed in the member forum
On October 6th, 2016, NiteShad hosted a general Q&A public discussion. If you missed this event, check out the discussion log!
Link to the General Shamanism Q & A Discussion Log
The weather was hot - not just hot, but the sticky wet hot of the mountains in August.
He slumped down in a chair nearest the old overhead fan that seemed to beat with a wobbling futility against the thick air. He was glad to see the little diner was nearly empty; it was too hot to listen to the usual chatter about local politics or the weather and its effect on the local farmers.
Shamanscave has brought back the public forums! We feel the time is right to discuss all things shamanic, especially relating to the Maker tradition and its practices. Your participation is encouraged!
The initial forum categories for discussion are:
- Shamanscave / The Maker Tradition
Registration is required, and new users must be validated by our staff. This is to keep down on spam and noise. Like any moderated forum, we have community rules and guidelines which much be adhered to.
The recapitulation is an ancient technique for retrieving and healing your energy. It also teaches you how to prevent current energetic loss. Those who pursue it shamanically consider the recapitulation to be a never-ending process. The technique has steps, phases and ramifications as the process unfolds for the individual practicing it. It is not a new technique, and not one that I invented. One form or another of the core idea of the recapitulation is present in all the shamanic traditions. I have brought in as much detail for understanding as possible for the western mindset, and tried to help it fit better with the enculturation that exists in these in modern times.